Saturday, February 19, 2011

Sketching - Anna Torv



Another pencil sketch, again portrait rather than caricature (although it's wildly awful) of Anna Torv. She plays Olivia Dunham in Fringe, probably my favourite current TV show.

I was inspired to have a go at this by seeing the front cover illustration of a movie magazine called Little White Lies. It's a beautifully simple pencil drawing of Natalie Portman and it took my breath away how elegant is was. The artist is Paul Willoughby.

My drawing is nowhere near as good, and I realised halfway through that the proportions were all wrong but it was fun anyway, I'll definitely try another soon.

3 comments:

Celina said...

hey -- i've been following your blog for a while. i love fringe! i can't seem to find anyone around where i live that has ever even heard of it though. what's funny is that i was just considering reworking a drawing i had of olivia, peter, and walter into a more finished caricature. small world!

Neil Davies said...

Thank Celina - looking forward to seeing your picture! Must do a proper caricature of the Fringe characters myself sometime :)

misterponce said...

splendide........ not easy to caricature "la bougresse" I also tried http://misterponce.deviantart.com/#/d4gd5cr
but yours is so cute!!!